Two reports in one: a comprehensive and authoritative overview of the Convenience channel in the UK including detailed market sizing, competitive landscape and consumer metrics, as well as a dedicated coronavirus section to show the impact lockdown has had on shopper behaviour (published July 2020) PLUS a post-coronavirus update with current and projected market sizing and future outlook for the channel (published September 2020).
Our robust methodology combines our flagship Convenience Tracking Programme (CTP) incorporating 20,000 shopper interviews a year, together with insights from Lumina Intelligence’s Channel Pulse survey – our weekly measure of consumer behaviour and attitudes across channels. The report has been compiled by an experienced team of analysts and includes market sizing built up from our Grocery Data Index (GDI) report.
What this report tells you:
- Quantification of the impact of coronavirus on the value of the UK convenience channel
- Market sizing for the total Convenience channel and key sub-channels (FY 2019 and 2020); market growth drivers and inhibitors; outlet numbers
- Convenience market forecasts for 2020 – 2023
- Market developments and news – a roundup of the biggest events to impact the convenience channel over the last 12 months
- Competitive landscape – ranking of leading convenience retailers and profiles of top ten brands
- Shopper Insight – key metrics for the Convenience shopper including behaviours, missions and needs and how these have changed through the pandemic
- Future outlook for the channel – a review of the last 10 years of convenience and which trends will be most important going forward; future market drivers and inhibitors post-coronavirus