Published October 2020. South East Asia shows a promising up and coming 57% growth in online reviews in the first six months of 2020. Whilst not as developed as other APAC countries, opportunities come from lack of strong local players, growing online culture, a good number of products on the market, to address numerous health concerns. As part of its new series of country strategic fact sheets, Lumina Intelligence looks at the specifics driving this growth in Thailand.
What this report gives you:
- Key numbers for Thailand, reviews, online engagement and price and how this compares with the rest of the Asian region.
- An overview on immunity, digestion and women’s health.
- Competitive landscape including differentiators; format, dosage, delivery systems.
- Supply chain – who are the main ingredient suppliers and their partners.
- Ingredient make up of most reviewed brands, including any pre-biotics.
- With a star rating of 4.88 out of 5, Probiotic Cosmetics is both the highest rated probiotic category as well as the category with highest growth rate at 145%, in the 6 month period January 2020 – July 2020.
- For Probiotic supplements, capsules are the most popular format for the Thai consumer with 3k reviews in July 2020, but gummies are showing a massive growth in the same period. 6128%.
- Natures Bounty Inc is the most reviewed global brand for immunity products in Thailand, and its Natures Bounty Probiotic Gummies with the most reviews for the immunity category – 1120 reviews, July 2020.
Preview – 2 slides of 54:
- Country overview
- Product analysis by:
- Target population
- Delivery system
- Health benefit analysis with focus on:
- Women’s health
- Health claims by:
- On pack
- On websites
- Competitive landscape
- Supply chain
- Ingredients by:
- Species/strains: Generic versus proprietary