The Healthier Eating Report 2019 provides a comprehensive overview of the healthier eating category across the Eating Out and Grocery Retail sectors. The report helps to identify the healthier needs & demands of consumers, key healthy messages that influence their purchase decisions and the most important sources of healthier eating information for different consumer groups. Operators, retailers and suppliers can use this report for critical analysis that will help inform your business with strategic decisions surrounding NPD, key channels for investment and product placement, as well as helping you demonstrate a key understanding of the market place.
- Executive summary
- Healthier Eating Attitudes – how important is healthier eating to consumers? What does healthier eating mean to consumers?
- Healthier Eating Behaviours – what diets are consumers following? Why do they choose these diets? How long have they followed these diets for?
- Information, Labelling and Government Intervention – what sources do consumers use for healthier eating advice? What are most influencial healthier eating messages?
- Consumer Needs & Satisfaction – how important is offering a wide range of healthier options? How influencial is range in venue decision making?
- Menu Analysis – how are operators adapting to the growing trend towards health? How many menu items are labelled vegan, vegetarian, low-calorie?
- Key Competitor Analysis – who are the leading health-focused operators by outlets and turnover? Which brands have seen strongest growth in this fast-growing market sector?
- Future Outlook – what changes do consumers expect to make in the future to eat more healthily? What will they eat more/less of?