Two reports in one: a comprehensive overview of the UK eating out channel, including detailed market sizing, analysis of the competitive landscape and consumer metrics, as well as a dedicated coronavirus section to show the impact lockdown has had on shopper behaviour (published July 2020) PLUS a post-coronavirus update with current and projected market sizing and future outlook for the channel (published September 2020).
“The Eating Out report is one of the key sources of data we use yearly, both for internal development but also for customers’ presentations. It saves us a lot of time in primary research and the data is highly reliable.”~ Frannie Santos Mawdsley, Senior Customer Marketing Manager Food Service, Moy Park
Included in the report:
- The impact of coronavirus – a timeline of key events.Three scenarios for forecasting 2020 eating out market turnover decline. Analysis of how Eating Out brand operators have responded during coronavirus including the role of foodservice delivery. Assessment of the impact of the pandemic so far. Measurement of shifts in consumer behaviour so far and assessment of how consumers think their eating out habits will change post-lockdown.
- Market analysis – what is the value of the market? What is forecasted for 2020?
- Competitive landscape – an overview of the competitive landscape including physical expansion, financial performance and market positioning analysis.
- Consumer insight – how are consumers’ eating out behaviours and perceptions changing?
- Future outlook – forecasting the development of the sector over the next 3 years, including a detailed look at key influences and implications.