The wholesale market has had a tumultuous year, with those serving retail channels having to cope with unprecedented demand to support their customers, meanwhile those operating in the foodservice sector saw significantly reduced volumes. The coronavirus pandemic has also shifted wholesale buying behaviour, with a greater emphasis on delivery and increased web/app usage. A host of challenges are on the horizon as we look forward to 2021, with Brexit looming and the hospitality sector looking very different following lockdowns, curfews and other restrictions. The make-up of the channel is also changing, with rising competition from digital specialists and hybrid wholesalers.
Benefits of this report:
- A one-stop, comprehensive overview of the UK wholesale sector including market sizing, competitive landscape and key performance indicators. Fully updated with coronavirus impact and developments.
- A trusted source of intelligence, with a robust methodology combining retailer interviews, web and mobile app data streamed from major GB wholesalers, together with insight from Lumina Intelligence Top of Mind business leaders survey.
- Future-focussed, identifying the key challenges and opportunities for those operating in and supplying the sector.
The Lumina Intelligence Wholesale Market Report 2020 provides a comprehensive overview of the wholesale channel in the UK covering both delivered and cash and carry routes to market. The report comprises:
- Market and competitive landscape – including market sizing, recent developments, opportunities and challenges, plus profiles for major operators.
- Changing retailer behaviour – how has shopper behaviour changed as a result of covid-19? Customer profiles, missions, reasons for choice of wholesaler, KPI’s such as frequency and spend.
- Delivered route to market – the increasing shift to online, search behaviour, use of web vs. app, media engagement.
- Future outlook – business leader sentiment, impact of Brexit, growth opportunities including digitalisation and direct-to-consumer