The Lumina Intelligence Food to Go Market Report 2021 is the definitive report on the sector, covering food to go sold in both retail and foodservice. This forward-looking report includes market forecasts out to 2024. Our predictions for the recovery of the sector are put into context with views from business leaders as well as validation from external performance barometers.
Critical reading for operators and suppliers alike, we unpick the effect of the pandemic, greater home working and reduced travel and consider what the impact will be once the industry re-opens. We will also consider the increased role of technology and delivery services and what this means for the future of food to go, as well as the opportunity for ‘food to go home’.
The report includes consumer insight from Lumina Intelligence Eating and Drinking Out Panel. You’ll also receive three further updates of this information included in the price of the report.
A one-stop comprehensive overview of the food to go sector in the UK
An overview of the food to go market landscape and key sub-sectors, market sizing and growth, sector drivers and inhibitors.
- What is the value of the market?
- How does that differ by sub channel?
- How many food to go outlets are there?
- How has food to go performed vs the total eating out market?
- What factors are impacting food to go in 2021?
Detailed analysis of leading food to go players and market developments – including operator innovation in the face of the pandemic.
- How have the leading FTG players performed in 2020?
- How has their sales mix changed?
- Which food to go brands make it into the top 10 ranking?
- How have FTG operators responded to the pandemic?
- What are the key developments by sub-channel?
How have consumers responded to increased home working and limited travel? Data from our newly enhanced Eating & Drinking Out panel unveils where, what, who and why shoppers are sourcing and consuming food to go, as well as barriers to purchase.
- How are consumer trends affecting the food to go sector?
- Who is the food to go consumer?
- Why do they buy food to go?
- Where is food to go purchased and where is it consumed?
- The ‘food to go home’ opportunity
Forecasts for market recovery for 2021-2024, together with our view on the key priorities for food to go operators as hospitality and non-essential retail re-opens.
- How quickly will the food to go sector recover?
- What are the Lumina Intelligence growth forecasts to 2024?
- How will this break down by channel?
- What will be the key drivers of food to go in the coming 3 years?
- And what will be the market inhibitors?
- Examples of new concepts and developments
What are the key areas of opportunity for the food to go sector following a challenging year?
- What are the opportunities driven by increased home working?
- What can we expect in terms of city centre resurgence?
- What new occasions have emerged as a result of the pandemic?
- What role does technology play?
- What have we seen in terms of new product development?
How will you benefit from access to this report?
- Quantify the impact of the pandemic on the food to go market
- Fully understand the competitive landscape – what can you learn and apply?
- Align your channel strategy to the trends in the market
- Understand how consumers have responded to coronavirus and the impact home working/staying closer to home has had on FTG habits
- What will recovery of the sector look like? And who will be the winners? What will this mean for 2021?
- Understand where you should invest your resources – and plan for the future
- Identify opportunities for collaboration
- This market is complex, this report breaks down what you need to know
Unparalleled source of intelligence on the food to go market
- Consumer eating out behaviour: monitor consumer behaviour across all UK eating and drinking out channels with our continuous data platform, based on 78,000 surveys across the year from Lumina Intelligence’s well established Eating & Drinking Out Panel, which now includes drinks-only as well as food-based occasions and channel coverage has been expanded to include delivery and click & collect.
- Consumer attitudes and future intentions based on a bespoke survey (n=1000 nat rep)
- Operator sales and outlet performance for leading food to go operators and detailed outlet analysis for operators in key food to go channels from Lumina Intelligence Operator Data Index
- Business Leaders perspectives from Lumina Intelligence Top of Mind business leaders survey and Hospitality Leaders Poll, run in collaboration with MCA News, Morning Advertiser and Restaurant Magazine/Big Hospitality
- Supported by commentary/soundbites from senior business leaders and journalists from within the sector
Get more information about the report
Download the preview brochure to access sample slides and the full table of contents.