Published August 2020. Lumina Intelligence has captured 296 probiotics targeted towards women in 25 countries. This report provides a top line e-commerce landscape overview of probiotics for women through a range of strategic fact sheets. It includes regional analysis by brand owners, species and probiotic suppliers, complemented by related scientific studies. A part of a series of five reports analysing probiotics by target population to support strategic product roadmap planning.
What this report tells you:
- An analysis of the global competitive e-commerce landscape for probiotics targeted at women.
- Regional developments in consumer engagement across the leading:
- Brand owners, brands and products ranked by the number of customer reviews and star rating attributed to the products.
- Species and proprietary strains present in formulations of analysed probiotics.
- Probiotic suppliers
- Health benefits.
- Probiotics for women see the offering across the e-commerce space increasing by a third to 300 products from December 2017 to January 2020, with the number of customer reviews jumping globally by 880% in 2 years to 136 thousand.
- Europe and Asia Pacific go head to head in terms of the broad diversity of products on offer, with Asian consumers generating the highest customer engagement. Whilst products supporting urinary tract infections drive the engagement in both regions, IBS stands out in Europe and oral health in Asia.
- Probiotics for women show good signs of growth in Americas. The engagement is driven by those supporting immunity, urinary tract infections and vaginal health.
- Chr Hansen now owning Astarte is the leading supplier of proprietary strains in all regions, judged by the number of reviews of products with their strains.
Preview – 3 slides of 36:
- Global Overview
- Asia Pacific
- Americas & International
- Europe & Middle East and Africa
- Scientific Studies – Review