The ‘Food & Drink Sustainability 2019 – Global Progress Report’ captures how the food & drink industry is responding to some of the most pressing issues facing the planet.
Lumina Intelligence has analysed more than 900 commitments made by some of the largest players in food & drink through corporate social responsibility (CSR) reports and media releases.
This report reviews how aligned industry pledges are to the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals. The analysis features pledges by manufacturers such as Nestlé, suppliers such as Cargill, food service operators like Starbucks and retailers such as Walmart and Amazon.
- The 34 analysed food & drink companies address environmental, social and economic aspects of sustainability with 905 pledges and $26.3bn assured for the UN’s 17 SDGs.
- Third-party certification standards such as Fairtrade and Rainforest Alliance still dominate industry pledges, but commitments on company-created sustainable sourcing programmes are emerging.
- Some major players are pulling their weight. Nestlé alone accounts for 10.9% of all pledges, followed by Unilever at 8.3% and Tesco at 5.6%, while some companies have few pledges.
Report preview: Page 11 of 21
- Scope & Key Findings
- Commitments Against the UN SDGs
- Agri-Commodities Update: Cocoa, Coffee & Tea
How to access this report
This report is available to subscribers of Lumina Intelligence Sustainability. To hear more about Lumina Intelligence Sustainability, and for subscription enquiries, please contact our team on +44(0)1293 846 699 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. To request a demonstration of Lumina Intelligence Sustainability, please fill out a request a demo form.