Published August 2020. Lumina Intelligence found 945 probiotics across 25 countries targeted towards adults. This report provides a top line e-commerce landscape overview of probiotics for adults through a range of strategic fact sheets. It includes regional analysis by brand owners, species and probiotic suppliers, complemented by related scientific studies. A part of a series of five reports analysing probiotics by target population to support strategic product roadmap planning.
What this report gives you:
- An analysis of the global competitive e-commerce landscape for probiotics targeted at adults.
- Regional developments in consumer engagement across the leading:
- Brand owners, brands and products ranked by the number of customer reviews and star rating attributed to the products.
- Species and proprietary strains present in formulations of analysed probiotics.
- Probiotic suppliers
- Health benefits.
- Probiotics for adults lack the dynamism of other target populations as measured by the online customer engagement from January 2017 to July 2019. The 2nd half of 2019 saw a turn with a rising consumer interest in Americas and Europe. The number of customer reviews grew globally by 261% in 2 years to 675 thousand.
- Constipation is a key health benefit driving consumer engagement in Asia, lactose intolerance in Europe and allergies and intolerances in Americas.
- DuPont supplies the most reviewed probiotics for adults that declare proprietary strains, with a leadership challenged in Europe by Chr Hansen due to its acquisition of Astarte and UAS Labs.
Preview – 3 slides of 36:
- Global Overview
- Asia Pacific
- Americas & International
- Europe & Middle East and Africa