Published August 2020. Lumina Intelligence found 1,224 probiotics across 25 countries targeted towards the largest target population – the general population. This report provides a top line e-commerce landscape overview of probiotics for the general population through a range of strategic fact sheets. It includes regional analysis by brand owners, species and probiotic suppliers, complemented by related scientific studies. A part of a series of five reports analysing probiotics by target population to support strategic product roadmap planning.
What this report gives you:
- An analysis of the global competitive e-commerce landscape for probiotics targeted at the general population.
- Regional developments in consumer engagement across the leading:
- Brand owners, brands and products ranked by the number of customer reviews and star rating attributed to the products.
- Species and proprietary strains present in formulations of analysed probiotics.
- Probiotic suppliers
- Health benefits.
- Probiotics for the general population is the largest category across all target populations with 1,224 products from 599 companies and a key growth area in each region.
- The number of customer reviews grew globally by 508% in 2 years to 1.5 million and the average star rating is high at 4.5 out of 5 stars , creating a benchmark for specialised novel formulations.
- Europe is the most diverse region with the largest variety of probiotics for the general population offered online including a good number of supplements, juice products, kombuchas and cosmetics. General population is the most engaging of all target populations in Europe in 2nd half of 2019 with 15 thousand new reviews.
- The Americas saw a clear spike in the number of consumer reviews in 2nd half of 2019 after a less dynamic 1st half . The engagement was driven by those supporting lactose intolerance and liver health .
- Probiotics targeting the general population generate most interest by far in Asia Pacific with 850 thousand new customer reviews in 2nd half of 2019. Products supporting men’s health and recovery from helicobacter pylori infection stand out.
Preview – 3 slides of 36:
- Global Overview
- Asia Pacific
- Americas & International
- Europe & Middle East and Africa