Published August 2020. Lumina Intelligence has captured 276 probiotics targeted towards children in 25 countries. This report provides a top line e-commerce landscape overview of probiotics for children through a range of strategic fact sheets. It includes regional analysis by brand owners, species and probiotic suppliers, complemented by related scientific studies. A part of a series of five reports analysing probiotics by target population to support strategic product roadmap planning.
What this report tells you:
- An analysis of the global competitive e-commerce landscape for probiotics targeted at children.
- Regional developments in consumer engagement across the leading:
- Brand owners, brands and products ranked by the number of customer reviews and star rating attributed to the products.
- Species and proprietary strains present in formulations of analysed probiotics.
- Probiotic suppliers
- Health benefits.
- Probiotics for children generate the highest average engagement across all target populations across the online consumers, with the number of customer reviews surging globally by 1,253% in 2 years to 1.4 million.
- Asia Pacific is the epicentre of this growth, providing the most diverse product offering and generating the highest customer engagement.
- Probiotics for children underperform in Americas. The engagement is driven by those supporting inner ear, nose and throat. There is a clear opportunity to focus on products with explicit constipation, bloating and immunity claims, as these are rated higher.
- European consumers are not particularly vocal online, despite access to a diverse product range, but overall there is a high product satisfaction score from the consumers who had posted their reviews across the e-tailer sites. Encouraging the online exchange is key to success in European e commerce.
Preview – 3 slides of 36:
- Global Overview
- Asia Pacific
- Americas & International
- Europe & Middle East and Africa
- Scientific Studies – Review