Published December 2020. Whilst Taiwan ranks 5th globally by reviews for probiotics, the online engagement is driven by products targeting only five health benefits linked to the broader digestion and wellbeing. The strong position of local players (73% of products claim to be made in Taiwan ) coupled with few products for the symptom consumer create opportunities for partnerships between domestic players and novel probiotic strain suppliers.
As part of its new series of country fact sheets, Lumina Intelligence looks at the drivers of the probiotic supplements e-commerce marketplace in Taiwan.
What this report gives you:
- Key numbers for Taiwan, reviews, online engagement and price.
- An overview on immunity, digestion and women’s health.
- Competitive landscape including differentiators; format, dosage, delivery systems.
- Supply chain – who are the main ingredient suppliers and their partners.
- Ingredient make up of most reviewed brands, including any pre-biotics.
- Probiotics for children on average rated 4.95 out of 5 stars in Taiwan and also are the most reviewed with 32k reviews at July 2020.
- At US$27, on average locally produced supplements costs 20% less than those imported.
- 78% of Probiotics products captured contained Prebiotics in the formulation.
Preview – 2 slides of 54:
- Country overview
- Product analysis by:
- Target population
- Delivery system
- Health benefit analysis with focus on:
- Women’s health
- Health claims by:
- On pack
- On websites
- Competitive landscape
- Supply chain
- Ingredients by:
- Species/strains: Generic versus proprietary