Published October 2020. South East Asia shows a promising up and coming 57% growth in online reviews in the first six months of 2020. Whilst not as developed as other APAC countries, opportunities come from lack of strong local players, growing online culture, a good number of products on the market, to address numerous health concerns. As part of its new series of country strategic fact sheets, Lumina Intelligence looks at the specifics driving this growth in Vietnam.
What this report gives you:
- Key numbers for Vietnam, reviews, online engagement and price and how this compares with the rest of the Asian region.
- An overview on immunity, digestion and women’s health.
- Competitive landscape including differentiators; format, dosage, delivery systems.
- Supply chain – who are the main ingredient suppliers and their partners.
- Ingredient make up of most reviewed brands, including any pre-biotics.
- In Vietnam, the most prevalent health benefit of probiotic supplements is Digestion claimed by 73 products.
- OptiBac Live Cultures for Women, is the most reviewed probiotic supplement for women in this space, with 1447 reviews, over 8 times as many reviews as its nearest competitor.
- Delivery systems that typically enhance the viability of probiotics, have not been declared by the majority of products. Blackmore is the only manufacturer among the top 15 companies which uses Bio-tract and Liveback delivery systems.
Preview – 2 slides of 54:
- Country overview
- Product analysis by:
- Target population
- Delivery system
- Health benefit analysis with focus on:
- Women’s health
- Health claims by:
- On pack
- On websites
- Competitive landscape
- Supply chain
- Ingredients by:
- Species/strains: Generic versus proprietary