Published October 2020. South East Asia shows a promising up and coming 57% growth in online reviews in the first six months of 2020. Whilst not as developed as other APAC countries, opportunities come from lack of strong local players, growing online culture, a good number of products on the market, to address numerous health concerns. As part of its new series of country strategic fact sheets, Lumina Intelligence looks at the specifics driving this growth in Indonesia.
What this report gives you:
- Key numbers for Indonesia, reviews, online engagement and price and how this compares with the rest of the Asian region.
- An overview on immunity, digestion and women’s health.
- Competitive landscape including differentiators; format, dosage, delivery systems.
- Supply chain – who are the main ingredient suppliers and their partners.
- Ingredient make up of most reviewed brands, including any pre-biotics.
- Ranked 19 out of 25 countries that Lumina surveys, (in terms of number of reviews) Indonesia does offer a relatively stable e-commerce probiotic environment with no products withdrawn in the 6 month period January 2020 – July 2020.
- The highest rated probiotics for target population, are those that are specifically targeted at men, achieving 5.00 stars out of 5.
- The average price of probiotics in Indonesia is US$34 per pack, although the range of pricing is very dispersed, going from the bottom end of US$21 to US$145.
Preview – 2 slides of 54:
- Country overview
- Product analysis by:
- Target population
- Delivery system
- Health benefit analysis with focus on:
- Women’s health
- Health claims by:
- On pack
- On websites
- Competitive landscape
- Supply chain
- Ingredients by:
- Species/strains: Generic versus proprietary