Published October 2020. South East Asia shows a promising up and coming 57% growth in online reviews in the first six months of 2020. Whilst not as developed as other APAC countries, opportunities come from lack of strong local players, growing online culture, a good number of products on the market, to address numerous health concerns. As part of its new series of country strategic fact sheets, Lumina Intelligence looks at the specifics driving this growth in Malaysia.
What this report gives you:
- Key numbers for Malaysia, reviews, online engagement and price and how this compares with the rest of the Asian region.
- An overview on immunity, digestion and women’s health.
- Competitive landscape including differentiators; format, dosage, delivery systems.
- Supply chain – who are the main ingredient suppliers and their partners.
- Ingredient make up of most reviewed brands, including any pre-biotics.
- The Malaysian consumer typically rates probiotic products highly in the online space. Lumina has recorded a high average star rating, valued at 4.89 out of 5 in July 2020.
- In Malaysia, formulations including Bifidobacterium animalis including lactis and Bifidobacterium longum are the most reviewed probiotic supplements with a stated health benefit for digestion.
- B-Crobes Marketing, BY-Health and Mega Lifesciences recorded the largest volume of online engagement for their probiotic supplements.
Preview – 2 slides of 54:
- Country overview
- Product analysis by:
- Target population
- Delivery system
- Health benefit analysis with focus on:
- Women’s health
- Health claims by:
- On pack
- On websites
- Competitive landscape
- Supply chain
- Ingredients by:
- Species/strains: Generic versus proprietary