Published November 2020. Canada sees a strong acceleration of the adoption of e-commerce trends and a clear rise in the customer engagement with probiotics in the first half of 2020, with the customer reviews up by 303%. As part of its new series of country fact sheets, Lumina Intelligence looks at the specifics driving this growth.
What this report gives you:
- Key numbers for Canada, reviews, online engagement and price.
- An overview on immunity, digestion and women’s health.
- Competitive landscape including differentiators; format, dosage, delivery systems.
- Supply chain – who are the main ingredient suppliers and their partners.
- Ingredient make up of most reviewed brands, including any pre-biotics.
- Probiotic supplements remain the most engaging category for Canadians, with an average product being reviewed 152.7 times and receiving a star rating of 4.39 out of 5.
- Within the supplement category, the highest rated products are those targeted at Children, which get a higher average of 4.52 stars out of 5
- The analysis of the labels conducted in July 2020 shows 95% of probiotic supplements in Canada carry a health claim stated either on the packaging and / or the manufacturers / retailers website.
Preview – 2 slides of 54:
- Country overview
- Product analysis by:
- Target population
- Delivery system
- Health benefit analysis with focus on:
- Women’s health
- Health claims by:
- On pack
- On websites
- Competitive landscape
- Supply chain
- Ingredients by:
- Species/strains: Generic versus proprietary